02/26/2016 -- Yearly update, added Free download for the Rexx book, updated links, updated TIOBE index, more free downloads
01/22/2015 -- Yearly update, many minor updates, updated many links, more free downloads
01/24/2014 -- Updated, fixed links
07/16/2013 -- Many small improvements and updates
* Many small improvements, updated page 1, updated machine description
* Updated main page, added more free material, minor changes and updates
* Minor updates
* Removed any specific references or ads for my book, making the site completely non-commercial. It was felt that these references
detracted from the goal of the site, which is to cover Rexx, not promote sales.
* Added new page for Open Object Rexx (with description and links)
* Added new age for NetRexx (with description and links)
* Restructured website for these two new pages
* Updated home page
* Major update release
* Site-wide reorganization
* Added many new links and a ton of new material, inc. new Books section
* Checked and manually verified all links
* Added new material from REXXLA
* Updated “Free How to Guides” page with more
* Added info for CRX open source and more on Android
* Rewrote Scripting Languages page, Updated the News page
* General update for accuracy, some new material
* Added Android info
* Changed How To Guides page completely
* Minor Rexx content additions
* Added free guide “How to Tune Up Windows”
* Minor updates
* Added Quick Reference pages for standard REXX Instructions and Functions
* Updated Extras page
* Updated menu style
* Added Quick Ref sections
* Manually checked ALL external links
* Added OORexx 4.0.1 news
* Add a number of new external links
* Added much new info to scripting languages page
* Updated/verified links
* Added Windows Tuning Guide, updated that page too
* Minor updates
* Checked all links, edited first page text
* Added a new page on Scripting Languages
* Added News as a separate new page and updated content
* Added to News / Blog, also re-titled this from Blog
* Major update and redo
* Updated all links to the Rexx LA website
* Updated other links (lots has changed in 2009!)
* Added relevant news etc
* General maintenance, updated blog (as always), etc
* General maintenance, updated links, blog, etc
* Updated the “freebies” page for better graphics, updated all tags, added DBA articles from DBAZine
* Added MUCH new material, added links to REXX 2008 Symposium and OOREXX website
* Dropped bad links from DBAZINE, redesigned “Howard on Software” page, added Windows Security & Privacy E-book
* Redesigned for better display on Linux and MACs
* Verified all links. Corrected some display formatting. Added new columns.
* Added new material, updated links
* Added ooRexx 3.1.1 then 3.1.2 information, ooRexx Reference Card, 2007 Symposium announcement, etc
* New column, updated links, added a few new links, etc.
* Updated and verified many links (some RexxLA links particularly had changed.
* Added new columns and several new links. Spotlighted ooRexx tools by Rony Flatscher and his students.
* Added a new Monthly column, added two new articles to the section on “How to Secure Your PC with Free Software
* Added a number of new Rexx links.
* Added new Monthly column, added several new links. Added lots more goodies to “Howard on Software.”
* Updated all ooRexx links for version 3.1, added monthly column, updated many links.
* Added links to article on how to revive old laptops and article on “How to Secure Your
Windows PC with Free Software”. Added new ooRexx material by Prof Rony Flatscher and students.
* Added 2006 Symposium material, D. Ruggles’ AJAX Tutorial with server-side object Rexx
* Added much more to the Macros Section.
* Added new monthly column, archived the old ones.
* Added Rexx Macros section. Corrected “Rexx Tips and Tricks” references.
* Added several more new Testimonials. Added other links and updates.
* Added Prior Month columns, separated Manuals from Reference section
* Added two new Testimonials, updated Commercial Tools and both Free Tools lists
* Added many new links, checked all links to ensure they are valid and live
* Added Monthly Column feature (appears irregularly but approximately monthly)
* Added a Testimonials section
* Added the Best Practices section
* Added section how to benchmark your system using a Rexx program.
* Added a section on Rexx standards and how to write portable code
* Changed font to smaller size, as per feedback from users with small screens.
* Better organized the How-To’s to separate classic and object Rexx sections, added more to Links.
* Added many new items in many sections.
* Added good mainframe, OS/2 and Amiga Rexx references. Beefed these references up a bit.
* Added several How-To’s based on work by Rony Flatscher’s students, especially on ooRexx
with the Bean Scripting Framework (BSF) and how to program Open Office.
* Added new information to the Rexx LA section.
* Added several items to the page on “Howard on Software” including the material on
free DB2, Oracle, and SQL Server databases, also “What I learned publicizing Rexx.”
* Better described the ooRexx examples Lee Peedin offers for Windows,
added this to the Sample Code section (in addition to listing under How-To’s)
* Added this section to track what’s new in each revision of this web site.
* Made several site corrections based on user feedback.
* Added items to the page on “Howard on Software,” including “The Sociology of Technology Adoption” paper.
* This web site is launched in full. Added much new material to the pre-launch.
* Pre-launch of this web site.